You may feel as if your world has ended, and that you will never get over this. Believe that you will, and this article will give you some great tips so you can learn how to get over someone who cheated on you.
1. It is Not Your Fault – After finding out that someone has cheated on you, you may be feeling unattractive and unwanted. Remember, your partner chose to do this, not you.
They were aware of their actions and they have nothing to do with you. They were in the wrong to do that, not you.
2. Let it Out – Cry and wallow and get angry if you need to. Punch your pillow, create art, sing, yell, dance around and get that energy out! Take time for yourself and don’t feel bad! It can be an extremely intense emotional time, so give yourself a rest because you truly deserve it.
3. Keep Busy – This is one of those times where you can really find out who your true friends are.
They are going to be your shoulders to cry on, ones that pick you up out of the bed, encourage you to get showered and dressed, and take you out on a night on the town.
They may have to drag you at first, but they will succeed, and you will be all the better for it.
4. Remain Optimistic – When you are ready to start dating again, take things slowly and just have fun. Protect yourself from getting hurt or deceived again, but by all means do not put your dates in the automatic cheater category. You will not let yourself be deceived again, so enjoy yourself. You will know what you don’t want in a partner from past experiences, use it wisely!
5. Keep Smiling – Keep smiling, even when you feel that you cannot. Keep busy with your friends, and learn something in a new class or renew old hobbies. Use your pain in creative ways like song writing, poetry, art, or dancing. Make something good happen out of something that was bad.
Tell yourself that you are beautiful and worthy every day. These are some of the best ways in how to get over someone who cheated on you.
The sooner you act on these tips, the sooner you will eventually be able to get over this person and begin to enjoy your life again.
You will get over this and move on, and you will definitely find love again. Try not to become jaded and negative, and remember to lean on your friends when you need to. I welcome your comments below. What are some of the ways that you know how to get over someone who cheated on you? Have you used any of the techniques mentioned here, and what was the outcome?
About The Author: Alex J. Stevenson is the author of the book The Master Training Kit: How to Get Over Your Ex In 14 Days.
Feature Picture Credit: Cameron Gray