Essential Oils are such a delightful creation of the Cosmos. These oils can be procured from a great many things, almost every plant that can be pressed can produce an oil, from coconuts to hemp.
Now, start with this video, which will give you the primer, and then I’ll show you a list of even more things that you can do with these magical oils!
Now… about that list.
Draxe.com has done SUCH a good job of putting together a list for Essential Oils, that I really just have to refer you there.
Here’s the first few so you can see what I’m talking about!
1. All-purpose cleaner: Add three drops each of lemon oil and tea tree oil to a few ounces of warm water, then spray countertops to naturally disinfect.
2. Natural mosquito repellent: Combine one drop each of lemongrass oil, citronella oil and eucalyptus oil with one teaspoon of coconut oil to make natural bug spray and rub on exposed skin. Reapply as needed.
3. Sports gear: If your kids play sports, add two drops each of tea tree oil and lemon essential oil to one quart of warm water; next add four tablespoons of baking soda and mix. Use to clean ripe (!) jerseys, cleats and sports gear.
4. Clean air: Diffuse cinnamon essential oil in the air and enjoy its anti-microbial properties.
5. Reduce anxiety: Diffuse lavender essential oil around your home to reduce feelings of stress and tension.
To see the full list, 101 Essential Oil Uses & Benefits, click here!
Video by Spirit Studios