What is waking up? How do I know if I am awake?
If you are familiar with our site and sites like it you may have heard this term “Waking up”. We hear about all the signs and symptoms of waking up but do we know what it is to actually BE awake?
Lets start with defining what we are talking about and then we will go into what it means on a spiritual level.
If you type “Define Awake” into Google you should see something similar to the picture below.
Lets see how these definitions help us narrow down what we mean when we say waking up or to be awake spiritually.
What does it mean to be spiritually asleep? If you have watched the Spirit Science series or are familiar with the procession of the equinox you will see that we have been asleep as a planet for a very long time. What this means is that our level of awareness about the connections all around us has declined to a point where we feel separate from everyone and everything around us.
2. Cause (Someone) to Wake from Sleep
Waking up spiritually, in its more basic terms would be to recognize with your whole being your connection to everyone and everything around you. This is often referred to as the mystical experience as described by Alan Watts.
3. Regain Consciousness
Regaining consciousness is to remember that we have always been connected with the oneness of the universe. This is important because it can help us recognize how the mistreatment of others is no different then cutting off your left hand or to poke out one of your eyes.
4. To become AWARE of; come to the realization of
There are many levels of awareness that come with waking up and ultimately being awake.
- Some people are born awake and remain awake during their lives. This is very rare but not unheard of. It is theorized that if a child is nurtured with awareness it will be more aware and able to to stay awake.
- Catalysts such as events can also cause an awakening within a person. Powerful transformation doesn’t have to be painful but for some it does come with a lot of pain. Some people speed up their awakening process when they experience a powerful trauma or are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- There is also a concept of power leveling where an awakened or more aware soul can assist another soul in waking up faster and maintaining the higher awareness. (Be aware that the degree to which the power leveler is awake determines how much you will be able to gain in levels of awareness. For more information about what to look for in an awakened Soul check out the Pair O Dime Shift series.) Continue reading