Turmeric has become increasingly popular around the world, and for good reason! There are so many studies showing it’s amazing benefits to our bodies. It’s easy to include in your food and smoothies to help boost your immune system.
Studies have shown that turmeric has the strongest anti-inflammatory effect in the plant world. Curcumin (the main ingredient in turmeric) inhibits the enzyme activity of COX-2 (cyclooxygenase), which is responsible for the creation of molecules that cause inflammation.
Turmeric is also one of the most thoroughly researched plants today. Its medicinal properties and components (especially curcumine) has been the subject of more than 5,600 published reviews and biomedical research.
In fact, in the five-year research project on the sacred plant, scientists discovered more than 600 potential preventive and therapeutic applications, as well as 175 different beneficial physiological effects.
This plant is good for our brains as well as our bodies! It aids our consciousness. So without further adieu, here is a beautifully delicious recipe for you!
Just combine all of these in a blender and blend it until completely smooth:
- 1 cup hemp milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple or mango chunks
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon turmeric (or more if you love it!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
Carrot ginger turmeric:
- 1 large ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen (more for a sweeter smoothie)
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen or fresh pineapple
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger (1 small knob, peeled)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (or sub cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) carrot juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (~1/2 small lemon)
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
Or if you’re going for something more green, try this one out!