While awakening and opening the Third Eye is no easy feat, the mind altering and consciousness expanding benefits make it worthy of diligent spiritual dedication. Known the increase clarity, concentration, intuition, imagination, and even psychic awareness, the Third Eye bridges the gap between the physical and spiritual world.
Understanding the Power and Energy of the Third Eye There are seven energy centers in your body – each aligning along your spine that correspond to different parts of mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
The Third Eye is directly related to the 6th chakra – the psychic chakra, located in the middle of the forehead just about the brows.
Biologically associated with the “pineal gland,” that is responsible for the production of the serotonin derivative melatonin, the Third Eye is activated when exposed to light.
Referred to as, “the seat of the soul,” where mind and body meet, the Third Eye is responsible for expanded state of consciousness, similar to a psychedelic experience.
While the Third Eye is largely left dormant and unexplored by the general population, its long list of benefits makes it worthwhile spiritual journey. Contrary to popular belief, activating one’s
Third Eye has be unprecedented to bring about tangible and practical benefits, like:
4. Intuition and decisiveness
5. Vivid and lucid dreaming
6. Better sleep quality and quantity
7. Enhanced imagination and creativity
8. Cleared mental channels for boosted productivity and efficiency
9. Enables “aura viewing” – the ability to see energy
Opening Your Third Eye Through Meditation: Advice and Guidelines
Opening the third eye can be easily accessible through meditation. While it doesn’t matter which meditation approach you take, the following method for stimulating the third eye is the simplest and most effective guide – all you need are patience, trust and discipline.
1. Use your favorite meditation technique to relax and let go.
2. Keep breathing, relaxing, until you feel that you’re fully in meditation.
3. Begin to visualize a candle in front of you (or any item you’re fond of)
4. Stay focused on the candle and don’t let it disappear.
5. The goal is to stay focused on the candle, no matter what.
Throughout this meditate practice, you will naturally visualize the candle within the area of your third eye.
Be prepared, this is easier said than done. The human ego will struggle to accept that fact that you’re teaching yourself newfound discipline and focus, and as a defense mechanism, throw unfound distractions your way to keep you from fully submitting yourself into imagining this imaginary candle.
Never stress over the “right” candle or method of imagination. With enough focus and dedicated, the candle will eventually manifest itself – simply be patient. You’ll know when you’ve found your third eye; a natural euphoric buzz will cue you that you’ve arrived.
This symptomatic “buzzing” is your body’s indication that you’re entering into a state of elevated spiritual understanding and are in the presence of your high self. This humming drone is an impressive meditative and spiritual milestone. Congratulations, you’ve opened your third eye.
To boost the intensity of your Third Eye submission, prolong the experience and add variety to your practice, try out these options:
– Meditate and chant on a regular basis (meditation is a muscle; use it regularly)
– Incorporate crystals known for their meditative properties (like rose aura or laser quartz)
– Massage with magnets (stick an adhesive magnet to the skin above your third eye for a few hours a day to stimulate and decalcify your Third Eye)
– Add essential oils to your practice
– Start sun gazing (look to the sun for the first 15 minutes of sunrise and last 15 minutes to sunset to boost your pineal gland)