By Raven Fon
Did you know that drinking ginger water every day can heal a multitude of physical ailments?
Along with being a powerful fighter against cancer, ginger is known to be one of the healthiest spices in the world. In fact, for over 2,000 years in Asian countries it has been recognized as a medicinal herb that could cure almost anything!
After this short list of ways drinking ginger water can heal your body, you will find a helpful recipe on how to make ginger water using either the root, or powder.
1. It Can Help You Lose Weight.
There are several reasons why someone might need to lose weight.
Whether it is a pre-surgery requirement, a recommendation from your doctor, or a personal desire to be healthier, losing weight isn’t easy.
If you need a natural metabolic booster, try drinking ginger water. Not only does the ginger detoxify your system, assisting with shedding pounds, but it also helps suppress your appetite by making you feel fuller, longer.
2. It Can Alleviate Digestion Problems.
IBS affects 25-45 million Americans every year. It can cause extreme amounts of pain- bloating, gas, cramps, diarrhea, and even constipation are some of its unpleasant effects. But, if you have IBS (or any other digestive issue) you are in luck! Drinking ginger water can provide relief by relaxing and soothing the intestines, which helps remove all symptoms of IBS.
3. It Can Prevent And Ease Nausea.
One of ginger’s most well known healing attributes is its use in the treatment of nausea. For those who develop a queasy sensation whenever you get into a car or ride in a boat, ginger can be your saving grace. In fact, it can be of great help to anyone who feels nauseous for any reason- even if motion sickness isn’t to blame.
During the first few months of pregnancy, women experience morning sickness and terrible nausea almost every day. Similarly, some women experience cramps during their monthly cycle that can be painful enough to induce nausea. Drinking a cup of ginger water every day can help get rid of these symptoms- both nausea and cramps!
4. It Can Boost Your Immune System.
Most of us can’t afford to be ill, so a quick immune-booster is ideal when you start feeling a cold coming on. Doctors have known for a while that ginger can clean out the lymphatic system by flushing out toxins, and killing bacteria.
5. It Can Decrease Your Risk Of Alzheimer’s.
A few studies have shown that Alzheimer’s is a potentially genetic disease, which means if someone in your family develops the disease, they could pass it on to you. Drinking ginger water every day plays a pivotal role in reducing your risk of contracting the disease. This is because ginger has been shown to retain healthy brain cells and decrease brain cell loss.
7. It Can Prevent Frequent Heartburn.
Almost 22 million Americans are plagued by heartburn on a daily basis. It can be painful, uncomfortable, and down right annoying. In fact, most of the antacids normally prescribed by doctors don’t work for everyone. If other methods have failed, drinking ginger water every day may give you the relief you’ve been looking for.
To Make Ginger Water Via eHow:
Using Sliced Ginger
- Peel the tough outer skin from the ginger root. Cut the ginger into slices about ¼-inch thick. Place the sliced ginger inside a tea strainer, and place the tea strainer into a mug. Fill a tea kettle with 1 cup of water and set it on the stove top until it boils. Pour the boiling water over the strainer in the mug, filling the cup until 2 inches from the top. Cover with a paper towel and allow it to sit until cool. Add 4 tbsp. of honey to the mixture and stir until blended. Chill until cold.
Using Powdered Ginger
- Measure 2 tsp. of powdered, dried ginger. Add the powdered ginger to one cup of filtered water and stir until blended. Combine the mixture with 2 tbsp. of cane sugar and stir until mixed well. Serve iced.